Lab128 Unique Features
Lab128 helps to maintain the database at peak performance where no other tool exists to do same functions.
Lab128 has a unique set of features making it more innovative and advanced than other tools.
Here are some unique features:
- Captures all statistics originated from v$sysstat, v$system_event, v$filestat,
v$rollstat, v$latch, and many more. That’s more than 3,000 statistics,
each recorded with 6-12 seconds between points;
- Uses Frequent SQL Statistics Snapshots (FSSS) technique;
- Active Session History (ASH) is implemented internally and provides a higher
collection rate than Oracle’s native ASH (no needs for stat packs, by the way). Lab128 also supports ASH for 8i and 9i;
- A technique for diagnosing trouble SQL statement;
- Provides easy way to fix SQL execution plan without changing SQL text (Stage and Fix);
- Buffer Explorer provides dimensional analysis of the buffer cache;
- New queries can be added to collect more statistics;
- New derived statistics can be added;
- Caches and stores execution plans;
- New way to see the execution plan in a Pipelined view;
- Many smaller features available only in this tool.